Why I am currently unemployed, but actively looking for work.
Hey Ya'll!
So, there has been a growing question with my family, friends, and even potential employers, regarding why I quit my last job, without a new job already in place. So I want to touch base on that, and maybe it'll shed some light on some of you guys also who are in the midst of making life choices similar to these.
Although me leaving my most recent employer (a record retrieval company here in Utah that will remain UN-named) was sudden, it certainly wasn't unplanned.
The long story short of it, is that it's been known for quite some time that the job was no longer fitting 'ME' as an employee, and I just was not being challenged in positive ways anymore, which had been going on for ... I'll say about a year and a half, but even before that things were irking to me.
This led me to be increasingly frustrated with work, I had a hard time 'letting go' of work and I brought that frustration home to the kids and all of that, which led them to insist in their cute and annoying little boy tones, that I need a new job.
So I've been spelunking the job scene for some time, and my husbands move to a new employer last year, was somewhat a decision based upon the fact that he would be making enough money for me to leave the retrieval company, and we would be okay for a little while on the one income while I job hunt.
Honestly, I HATE not working, in most circumstances. Unless I am working or going to school, at least part time, I am jittery and just, need to be doing something of that nature. Either give me money, give me education, or (and preferably!) give me both! ha ha.
However this round, we planned on me being unemployed for at least a couple of weeks, and much of that decision on my part, was because of these guys right here:

I haven't spend NEARLY enough time with my husband in a long time. We always work opposing shifts because that's what is more financially sound (we don't have to pay for daycare) and it's what works best for the family as a whole, and the baby, I didn't get the time with him after birth that I really wanted.
I had Coulson in March of 2015, via a planned c-section, for medical reasons. (.. okay the kid has a HUGE head. measured 12" in the ultrasound 2 weeks before the due date ... no way in hell could I have VBAC'd that kid. ha ha). I had Coulson and because we had just moved and what not, I couldn't afford to take maternity leave for longer than 2 weeks, because we have unpaid leave. We have to paid time off, and I wasn't able to save as much as I had planned, because of the move, and being violated upon filing taxes, by Utah state. (ha ..... ha?)
So I went back to work 2 weeks postpartum, and didn't get to spend nearly enough time with Coulson buddy. Then a few days after I went back to work, my surgery site hadn't been healing properly, causing it to open, then have to be surgically re-opened and then me having to do wound clinic several times and home health visits several times a week and would vacs and all of that. In someone who has had experience with depression and severe postpartum depression, this really just ruined my ability to relax around the kids and just didn't help in the bonding department at all.
So right now, I am LOVING being unemployed, because I get to spend several hours a day, alone with Eric and Coulson, while the older boys are at school. We are bonding amazingly (Cole and I) and Eric and I are re-forming a deeper bond. Also, although Eric was Coulsons 'go to' guy, he's saying 'mama' more and coming to me more, and THAT is worth more than me having a new job lined up right away.
Don't get me wrong, I want to be working very soon, because I am made to work, but the last couple of weeks have been an absolutely necessary and amazing thing, and I am thankful that I've had the opportunity to come back to the simple for a moment, and unwind/unravel the negativity. This has also left me better able to be patient with Ethan and Ryan too, so they are getting that benefit also.
I am not crazy. Just a little peculiar.
;)
CJ
No comments:
Post a Comment