It's been a busy week so I haven't been updating.
SO MUCH has happened this past week +
#1 - That bread I told you we were making before? It turned out pretty good! I think I used too much flour when I was kneading it, but other than that, it was narly sauce!
Here is the recipe, and how ours looked:
![]() | |||
| http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017369-excellent-white-bread |
![]() |
| http://allrecipes.com/recipe/10785/robbis-mms-cookies/ |
The second offer was from a local hospice company, and was one I was hoping would come through. After some discussion with my husband and some thinking, I accepted the hospice offer, and declined UPD. There were a couple of reasons for that. #1 - Is that I was the hospice companies first choice, not a secondary. #2 - Hospice company is offering me significantly more money. #3 - The hospice company manager told me in an interview, when I told her that my previous bosses labeled me as 'tenacious', that it was great I am that way because they need someone like that in their office.
We all know I need to be somewhere where my non-nonsense/tenacious attitude, is going to be appreciated. I am not sure that the UPD is that place. In the hospice company I'll have more individuality, I believe.
So I should be starting with that company a week from tomorrow!
#4 - Probably the most exciting thing ever - COULSON IS WALKING! WOOT WOOOT! - He's not gutsy enough to just stand up and walk yet, but he can walk a good 6 or so feet on his own, going between Eric and myself. SO FUN! ... yet scary. We need to get the drawer and cabinet locks on pretty quickly. The outlet covers went on months ago, but we were holding off on the drawer locks. It's time though!
Here is not a picture of him walking, but a picture of him being a TP Thief! (only video I have of him walking is on Ryans phone ... haha)
![]() |
| We thought he was in the playroom ... NOPE! |
Other things going on week, is that this is the first week of Eric's new graveyard schedule. It's been really interesting for him to learn how to sleep in shifts with Coulson.
Coulson generally sleeps relatively well during the day, nap wise, but he's had a cold this week and so he's not sleeping so well at all. He's moving out of it though. Hopefully next week is much better. Also it will be easier in a few weeks, as the boys will be out of school and can watch Cole while Eric is sleeping. For a fee of course. I know they are his big brothers but, it's not there job to watch him all the time either so, they will be paid for their services. I am like that ... sometimes .. haha.
The best part of this past week, was when Coulson first started walking back and forth between Eric and I. It was in the afternoon, after the kids were home from school, and Eric made the comment "I am so glad I am home for this" - Because we both realized that had he not had his schedule changed, he may have missed those first steps, and I had I still been working at SRR instead of taking some time off, I may have missed them too, if they had happened earlier in the day.
We're just excited for the changed ahead. Things are changing and moving in positive directions, and we are grateful that we have the ability to experience this all together, and to have more time with Eric at night because he's on graves. One day down the road, he and I will be on the same schedule again and all will be 'normal' ... but probably not until Cole is in preschool full time.
We're going out with the old, and in with the new. If the old is positive and bright, we'll bring it along.
- CJ




No comments:
Post a Comment