What is up everyone!
Here's the DL.
My husband and I have generally always worked opposing shifts, me during the day, and he during the night.
Here in about another 1.5 wks, his shift is going to be changing to graveyards, which gives him a major boost in his ability to spend time with the family on weeknights, and he'll finally be off on weekends pretty much completely.
So I made the comment to him this afternoon of "Are you sure you want your schedule to change? Welcome to what your afternoons will be like. Chaos!"
In our household today, here is what is going on.
This morning Ryan had PE, which he hates and it leaves him feeling 'dumpy', so we allow him to eat extra breakfast to help. Then this afternoon he had SAGE testing, which means he's going to need a bit more fuel at lunch too. So he took a 'cutie' orange and a cereal bar to school today and I gave permission for a bit extra lunch if he wanted it, and sent them out the door.
I then had a job interview with a local police department for their records department. I think I did well, but it's the first interview I've had in years so, I was of course a bit nervous. I should know about that in about a week or so.
Eric and I do not bake. It's just something we do not do, but we're wanting to get into it, so we're attempting to make bread today. It's currently in it's first 'rising' stage, and looks okay so far so ... wish us luck! ha ha.
After school is when the 'fun' started.
Eric and I started the bread making process. If it works out good we'll post the recipe:
Eric has been having allergy issues all day, and his allergies are NASTY. To the point where he needs allergy shots again, sooner rather than later. Well he has touched SOMETHING that has made his right hand swell up and itch like crazy. You 'may' be able to tell on this photo, but .... probably not as well as in real life:
My thought, although it sucks, is 'thank God it was the right hand'. Last time his hand swelled up like this, it was his LEFT hand, and it caused a happy little trip to the emergency room to have his wedding ring cut from his finger, as his finger was turning dark purple. ... not fun. I've since taken his ring from him today, just in case his left hand decides to be an ass.
THEN! We had a LOVELY little discussion with Ryan about rape.
There is a kid in his class, who I shall not name, who I don't know if he just doesn't say these things at home, or if his parents don't care, or don't catch what he's saying or WHAT, but this kid says and does the most inappropriate things. He needs some guidance for sure.
He's been throwing the word 'rape' around a lot lately, and it bothers Ryan because Ryan doesn't know what it means, but this kid says it, and other kids laugh and run off and being idiots. So Ryan asked us what the word means. ..... yeah.
So how on earth do you explain what 'rape' is without explaining how sex works? You really can't ... at least we couldn't think of a way. So. We explained what sex is, only in detail enough that he knows that it's what couples do, and that its when you put your little 'you know what' into a gals 'you know where' (yes we used the actual terms with Ryan), and then explained how rape is doing that without being told 'yes, that is okay'. We also explained that it can happen to boys, girls, adults and kids, and that it's not okay for people to throw the word around and act like it's no big deal, because it is.
![]() |
| This face was staged after our discussion ... didn't have the phone out during it of course. |






No comments:
Post a Comment