Thursday, April 7, 2016

Whats the DL!? (Down Low for those who don't spreakins' me)

Hello again today! ... Tonight . rather. 

So let me tell you whats going on in the family right MEOW, so you know where were at and where we're coming from. 

Ethan and Ryan are in school. 

Ryan is finishing up 6th grade and we've already done preregistration for Junior High. .. We all know what Jr. High was like right? *shudder* So Eric and I are really worried about all of that and Ryan, and of course Ryan isn't very good at sports and his electives are Theatre and Art. ... annnnnnd it's not a secret to his classmates, that Ryan would like to be a famous fashion designer as his career choice. Please pray for him ... hahaha. 

Ethan is finishing up 4th grade. He has always been very smart, but he has had issues this year with behavior that is absolutely not like him AT ALL. So we're hoping all that stops. He's been thoroughly punished and things look brighter. He took 2nd in his school spelling bee, and went to district bee, and then regional bee. He didn't go further but, he's in 4th grade so, he has 3 more years to get to Nationals, which is of course the goal. There is $30,000 at stake!

Coulson is in his toddlerhood and teething and tantrum-ing and being his awesome little self. Not much going on there except general baby-ness. ... He's a late crawler but he's always been much more interested in walking. His head size totally throws him off balance though. He's about 60th percentile for height and weight ... and 100th percentile for his head! ... so yeah... little bit un-matchy! 
Little Coulson Cotton Tail! haha

Eric works full time with UTA. If you live here in Utah, you know what that is. He makes good money and he's happy there. He makes more money than he's ever made, and his work isn't rush rush, so he has time to do artwork and things of that nature while on shift. 

I WAS working about 3/4 time until about 2 days ago, for a local record retrieval company. After many months of back and forth debating, a situation arose about 2 weeks ago that made it very clear that it was time for me to move on. So the family and I agreed that I would resign. Just not being challenged in positive ways, is how I am putting it.

I fully plan on going back to work at least part time, and am currently job hunting and have some interviews lined up for next week, but right now its SO NICE to have time off to focus on other things, such as Eric. Eric and I have been on opposing schedules for God only knows how long, because it's cheapest and works best with 3 kids. So it's really nice having time to ourselves (okay Cole is here too, haha) to just be together. It's also a blessing that Eric makes enough money that we can support us through my unemployment, which is a part of the reason that we decided that him taking the UTA job was the best idea. We have kind of known for quite a while that I would be leaving retrieval company sooner rather than later. 

Eric and I are just doing what we can to keep our sanity, to not let our love affair with one another die out, and now to lose weight and get healthy. The years have been hard and very busy, and we've not taken care of ourselves in the process at all. So we're ramping up for shedding pounds and inches.
This was taken July 2014. I was about 6 weeks preggo with Coulson bubbers here.

So right now I'll leave you with something Eric and I often times wonder about one another. It's all about poking fun at one another in nice ways, and apologizing and touching the butt. haha. 


Good Night All! 

-CJ





No comments:

Post a Comment