Saturday, May 14, 2016

New Job, Parenting Issues, Bullying and General Family Stuff

Hey all! 

SO I started my new job this past week. WOO HOO! 

I am a Business Office Specialist at Bristol Hospice here in Utah. It's an office job, and one that I am well suited to. 
The person in the position before me was ... .... not quite good at the job, from what I am hearing, so I am hearing how great I am doing and how happy they are. Which is helpful for me to hear, because I always worry that I am not quite up to par on things, even if I think or know that I've done a good job, that little bit of doubt is generally still there. 
I think that my past as a Medical Assistant, and my past with medical records, enables me to understand the business better than the average person who's only done office work. 
It's a job that offers tuition reimbursement and all that also, for work related fields of study. So my desire to become and RN case manager or social worker is something I can more easily work towards. They also adjust your work scheduled based upon your school schedule, so, it'll be good. Thats not something I plan on starting for quite awhile yet, but in the next couple of years. Coulson is just too young and our schedules too hectic right now, to add my own schooling and homework to the mix.  

Eric is ... just working. He's having a bunch of things thrown his way by his superiors. He's been thinking in the way that they are just dumping things on him, and so that's been frustrating him, however it's incorrect. 
As I've told him, and now thankfully his bosses have told him, they are throwing things on him because they trust him to figure out things and get things done. It's a compliment!

-------------

This week the kids are crazy. 

Coulson is being watched by an old friend of mine turned new again! Gal named Brenda. We were friends in elementary school and reconnected this many years later via Facebook. Turns out Brenda is a stay at home Mama who watches kids. SCORE FOR US! 
So Coulson has been with her this week. He's taken the last week to learn that Brenda is still going to feed him, won't steal his binkie, and will still change his butt, and that 'yes', Mom and Dad are still here and Daddy will pick him up in a bit. ha ha. Monday he was crying a bunch and wouldn't nap for Brenda. Through Thursday really he wasn't really crying unless he couldn't see Brenda, but still wouldn't really nap, from what I am gathering. Yesterday though he wasn't crying or whiny, he let her go to the bathroom without him freaking out, and he took a nap! SaWEET! 

The other two boys are not so happy though. 
First, Ethan is having friend issues. He's feeling as though he doesn't have many good friends, and that the friends he does have, he can't count on. They let him down and disappoint him and don't stick up for him, etc. So he's telling me he wants to change schools. ... Which, honestly, since Ryan will be going to a different school next year anyways, I don't mind doing for Ethan. I have explained to Ethan that switching schools may not help the issue. However, it's no secret that the school they are in, is lowest in the district for test scores, and highest for needy children. Either in special needs or in financial need. This school has a lot of issues with bullying. More so than any other school the kids have been in, and they have a general, overall sense of just .. inappropriate behavior. Honestly when things are brought up to teachers and the principle, it doesn't seem as though they really do much at all about it. Nothing ever changes. It kind of seems like that school is the ... lowest of the rankings in most area's. 
We're guests in the district though, because it's still a better district for my kids than our own, but, it's not the best school they've been in, within that district. So I very well may change the school next year, and hopefully get them into the one they were in when Ryan was in kindergarten, as that school is amaze balls in many ways. More on that to come.

Ryan is having issues with bullying still, because some of the kids in this class are just ridiculous. He has an African American kid who just needs some sense beaten into him entirely. He calls everyone and nearly everything 'racist' and tries to segregate games at recess, keeping the white kids on one team and the colored kids on another, and makes comments such as "Slavery wasn't so bad, we should bring it back and make white people slaves" ... good lord. I don't know if his parents just don't know he says these things, or if they just don't care, but, it's just ridiculous.
Especially because he picks on Ryan and calls Ryan racist and makes fun of his Autism issues. Ryan is the sweetest thing in the universe and has no hateful bone in his body, but because Ryan swatted a fly away one day, saying "stupid black fly" as he was doing it, he's 'racist'. Ugh. Shut UP already. This kid even calls the teacher racist, for using black marker on a white board. He needs to be educated. 
There are other kids also who think it's okay to hit and push and stab pencils, etc. 

Long story short, Ryan and Ethan will be starting MMA or some variation thereof, in a couple of weeks. Ryan HATES violence, which is amazing, but he needs to be able to beat the snot out of someone, should he find himself in the position to need to defend himself. 
He's a lovable and just amazing kid. He's 'FABULOUS!' which is something we all know. However I want him to be a FABULOUS kid, who's able to beat the tar out of someone. He gets bullied because he's so nice and sweet, and lets it happen. That needs to stop, and these kids just do it because they suck and think that he'll keep taking it. SO. MMA will help empower him to STOP taking it, and protect his friends who are also being bullied. Currently he gets more upset about his friends being bullied, because he can't protect them, as he has no aggressive bone in his body.  

So. That's whats going on. Working and kid trauma drama. 
Plans for the future being laid out with the martial arts and a couple of other things. 
A couple of trips to plan, like going to Idaho to see Eric's Grandma, as it's been far too long since we've gone. I was preggo last time we went, which was fall of 2014. So it's high time we traveled that way. We also would like to go camping again this year. To a place with plenty of shade of course because I don't do heat very well. Shade is key, we've come to find out.

- CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment